Staff Cybersecurity Awareness – Training and Support
Cybersecurity is not just about technology.
The majority of attacks succeed because a human has been fooled, so your staff are a key layer of defence.
I offer a number of staff training and support services to reduce the risk of one of your staff members being fooled.
- Your staff need to be trained so they understand why and how they are targeted, and how to spot the warning signs.
- Live online webinar (via Zooms or MS Teams), where I explain in plain English why and how staff are targeted, and how they can defend themselves.
- Live Questions & Answers is where the real value lies: Attendees can ask their questions at any time during the session, so they get immediate answers to their questions.
- The training usually lasts about 45 minutes, but it should be scheduled for 60 minutes in case the Q&A requires more time.
- You could tick the box by asking staff to flick through a generic CBT course, or to play a pre-recorded session on their PC while they go away to make a cup of tea. But ticking the box will not secure the organisation.
- You could do it yourself but it is time-consuming and you may not have the knowledge to answer any follow-up questions.
- You could ask your IT MSP to deliver the training, but most MSPs focus on the wrong things and miss the key messages that need to land with your staff.
- If you want to effectively improve your human defences, you need engaging and consumable training material that is delivered in plain English, supported by the knowledge and experience to answer any of the attendees’ questions. And that’s what I guarantee.
- Starting from €749 + VAT.
- The fee will be influenced by the specific training needs of your organisation, the number of attendees, and any additional requirements you may have (e.g. the need for a detailed pre-session prep meeting: certificates of completion for attendees; provision of a recording of the session for those who missed the live training and for new starters).
- Staff need to be kept informed of the latest ways that cyber criminals try to fool them.
- A short email / short video delivered each month that explains in Plain English how the latest scams work and what to look out for.
- I send the email / video to one designated contact person, and they then distribute it to all staff in the business.
- €99 + VAT per month.
- Minimum commitment is 3 months.
- Even with the best training, a staff member can still be unsure about whether a particular email or message is genuine. An incorrect decision could lead to a serious cyber incident.
- When staff are unsure about a particular email or message, they can get a second opinion from me.
- If a staff member receives an email or message that they are unsure about, they forward it to a designated person in your organisation to check it. If they are also unsure, they forward it to me and I revert with my view within 1 day (and usually within 1 hour).
- I will train and support the designated person in your organisation, so they are more likely to immediately spot the most common types of malicious / phishing email.
- If I notice a large percentage of your staff reporting the same suspicious email or if a staff member reports a particularly ingenious email that indicates your business is being specifically targeted, I will alert a designated contact in your organisation. This will enable you to warn other staff or to block similar emails from getting into the organisation in future.
- €99 + VAT per month for up to 20 staff.
- Each additional block of 10 employees costs €50 + VAT per month.
- Minimum commitment is 3 months.
- Fees increase by 25% if the majority of your staff have not completed staff awareness training within the last 12 months.
Training and Testing Platform
- Some firms prefer to automate training and testing – For example, due to large staff numbers or significant staff churn.
- Other organisations need to be able to prove that staff have completed on-demand training and their knowledge has been frequently tested.
- An online training and testing service that automates the training and testing of your staff.
- I work with you to identify your training and testing needs. I then work with a training platform and service provider to deliver an automated service to your staff.
- Each month (or quarter), staff will receive short training videos and/or receive a simulated phishing email to test their knowledge.
- The service includes quarterly reports showing the percentage of staff who have completed training, passed or failed a recent phishing test, and other key metrics to demonstrate the strength of your human defences.
- Starting from €1,450 + VAT in Year 1, for up to 20 staff.
- Starting from €800 + VAT from Year 2.
- Minimum commitment is 1 year.