Privacy & Cookie Policies
Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal data*.
*Personal data is data relating to a living individual who can be identified, or is identifiable, using this data or if this data is used in conjunction with other data that is in Code in Motion’s possession, or could come into its possession.
Personal data you provide to us
When you use the Website: We will collect any personal data that you choose to send to us or provide to us. If you submit your personal data to us (e.g. using the contact form; subscribing to our mailing lists; registering for a training event): We use your personal data for purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information.
When you engage as a client of Code in Motion’s: We receive and store personal data that you provide directly to us. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include: names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, job titles, transactional information (including invoices due / paid), as well as any other contact or other information they choose to provide us in connection with our engagement.
Personal data we automatically collect
When you use our website: We collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our website.
For further information on how this data is collected, please see the “Cookies Policy” below.
- To administer our website, our events and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes; To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure. The legal basis for this processing is legitimate business interest.
Services: We may use the information we collect from our customers in connection with the services we provide (e.g. mailing list signup; training registration) for a range of reasons, including to:
- Provide, operate and maintain the services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- Manage our customers’ use of the services, respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- Send customers technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the services, and other illegal activities; and
- For any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
The legal basis for this processing will range from contract (performance, establishment, or legal defence of a contract between us and you), consent, and legitimate business interest.
Where you have provided your consent, we may also use the information you send to us via the website and/or services, to communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter. You will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time using a one-click UNSUBSCRIBE option within every marketing email.
We may share and disclose information (including Personal Data) about our site visitors or customers in the following limited circumstances:
Vendors, consultants and other service providers: We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include (for example) our payment processing providers, website analytics companies (e.g., Google Analytics), email platform (e.g. Microsoft Office 365), mail service providers (e.g. MailChimp), event registration providers (e.g. Event Brite) and others. Appropriate controls are in place to ensure data is only disclosed to these 3rd parties in compliance with data protection law.
Unless we tell you differently and you consent, our 3rd parties do not have any right to use the personal data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Others: We will also give your data to Dublin zoo.. We won’t but we have this sentence in here to see how many site visitors actually see it. Let us know that you’ve spotted this – You will have our immediate respect.
Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, your personal data could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Code in Motion and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our agreements with you and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Code in Motion, our employees, our customers, or others.
Disclosures for National Security or Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
The service providers are listed below, along with their legal basis for each transfer:
- MailChimp (email automation): EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Event Brite (event registration): EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Google Analytics (website analytics) – EU-US Privacy Shield.
For example, on our website:
- We use regular Malware Scanning on our site to confirm it is safe to use.
- We use a range of security tools to monitor activity on the site and identify unusual activity.
- Your personal information is only accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- In addition, all information you supply through the website is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology between your browser and the site.
In terms of local devices, Code in Motion has implemented a range of security measures to protect the information we hold in our records. For example:
- All devices (including backup devices) use disk encryption so data is secure at rest.
- Devices automatically lock after a short period of inactivity to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
- Devices are ‘patched’ (updated with the latest security updates) on a regular basis.
The 3rd party service providers who we employ to perform certain tasks also commit to implementing appropriate security measures to protect the data that we disclose to them.
Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
At a high level, personal data is retained for only as long as Code in Motion has a legitimate basis to retain the data.
- Personal data you provide when signing up for our email marketing lists is retained until such time as you unsubscribe. After you unsubscribe, we retain minimal information to ensure we do not forget that you have unsubscribed.
- Personal data provided as part of a contract between us and that we require to establish, perform, or defend a legal action relating to the contract is retained for a period of 7 years after the contract has ended.
Fields are usually mandatory because we need them to engage with you (e.g. we need your email address if you send us a message on our Contact Form).
Where a field is optional, there is no significant impact if you choose not to provide this information to us.
Right to access
You may request a copy of all personal data held by Code In Motion about you.
Right to rectify
You have the right to ask Code in Motion to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data held about you.
Right to erasure
You have the right to ask that we erase any personal data we are processing about you. Please note that we may still be legally allowed or obliged to retain your information. For example, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and defend or establish a legal claim.
Right to restrict
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
Right to object
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right not to be subjected to automated decision making
You have the right not to be subjected to automated decision making where the decision has legal or significant effects.
Right to withdraw consent
Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For example, if we are sending you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent immediately by clicking the UNSUBSCRIBE link in the footer of the email.
How to exercise your rights
Please contact us at email@example.com and provide us with as much information as possible to enable us to complete your request.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- Keep track of any online advertising we are performing.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. If this happens, please let us know and we will try to resolve the problem.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
If you have any questions about any of this, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Edited on 5th December 2017