[Reading time: 24 seconds]
It’s a dull and drizzly Wednesday morning here in Ireland, so what better way to get through the day than to hear about hunting criminals and terrorists on the Dark Web?
I recently interviewed Jonathan Williams, who worked for many years with US law enforcement agencies tracking criminals and terrorists on online.
During the interview*, we also discuss:
- How Jonathan found ways to link the physical person to their online persona (9m 20s)
- How he developed a way for US law enforcement agents to anonymously monitor the dark web (10m 30s)
- His experience with cryptocurrency fraud and his suspicions about cryptocurrency ATMs (14m 53s)
- And while Jonathan spent a lot of time hunting James Bond-type figures, we discuss why most of us should worry more about Jim the Burglar than James Bond (25m 50s)
You can watch the interview on YouTube*.
If you are unable to access YouTube**, the interview will be included in this Friday’s “Cybersecurity Without Insanity” podcast episode. You can find it wherever you get your podcasts, or listen online to all podcast episodes here.
* The description on YouTube includes links so you can skip straight to each topic.
** Yes, believe it or not, some employers block access to YouTube as they don’t want staff spending their day watching Mr Beast*** videos!
*** Who is Mr Beast? He has 152 million subscribers on YouTube. He published a video 3 days ago about helping 1000 people to hear again, and it has been viewed 42 million times already. Need I say more?