GDPR training for your business
Your professional reputation, as well as the trust of your customers, prospects and employees are important to you. You want to comply with GDPR. But it’s difficult to to see the wood for the trees.
There are many people who can make you an expert in the problem by telling you all about the requirements of GDPR and the potential consequences of getting it wrong. But you need someone to show you how to be an expert in the solution.
You also know you will need to involve a number of people in your organisation. You are unsure how to get them all up to speed on GDPR. (If you only need one or two people involved, my individual training session may be a more cost-effective option.)
My on-site training session will show you and your colleagues what GDPR is and show you how you can start to comply. The session is designed to cut through the complexity of GDPR to deliver clear and concise guidance.
This is not just telling you about the problem of GDPR. It is also telling you how to solve it in a pragmatic, rationale way. No talking around the problem. No song and dance.
Specific, pragmatic advice for your business.
- To teach you what GDPR is – The principles, rights and requirements.
- To discuss with you what compliance could look like for your business – The policies, work practices and activities.
- To show you a clear method to move towards compliance and to demonstrate honest efforts to comply.
- To help you identify the most obvious, high risk gaps in your compliance right now.
Interactive training session and workshop, supported by a training pack and readiness assessment questionnaire.
Up to 5 members of staff. Ideally, this should include people responsible for:
- Customer service
- As well as members of senior management
- What is GDPR – e.g. Personal data; principles; subject rights; data breaches.
- How do you solve it – How to approach this like any other project; who do you get involved; how to keep your sanity.
- Where should you start – Where are the obvious high risks in your business.
Approximately 3 – 4 hours, depending on the types of questions and business-specific scenarios raised by participants during the training.
- The training pack will be provided to attendees.
- An electronic copy of this pack will also be provided to you so you can use these for internal staff training in the future.
- A copy of the readiness assessment template used during the session.
- You will have firm knowledge of GDPR and associated obligations as you process the personal data of EU citizens (e.g. employees, customers, prospects) so you can begin the journey to GDPR compliance
- You will reduce the risk of misinterpreting the regulatory requirements and become compliant more quickly.
- You will have an informed and realistic level of understanding of GDPR, arising from the discussions we will have about how the regulation will impact your business specifically.
- You will be able to make informed decisions about what is important in your compliance efforts, and to begin making pragmatic changes in your business.
- You will have a pragmatic way to become compliant without losing your sanity.
The next steps depend on your needs.
- You may be able to do this yourself without my help.
- You may just want to know I’m available to you by phone or email, or for a regular on-site review session.
- You may want me to guide you through my ‘Getting Started’ workshop to get you moving.
Don’t worry about this for now. Take the first step: Invest no more than 4 hours of your time and get started.