Who I Am
I have been providing independent cybersecurity, data protection and IT advice for over 10 years.
Prior to this, I worked in regulated financial services companies for 15 years.
I am a Certified Information Security Manager (ISACA CISM) and a Certified Data Protection Officer (Compliance Institute CDPO, IAPP CIPPE, and IAPP CIPM).
Who I Help
My typical client is a professional services or financial services business, with 5 – 50 staff members.
It may outsource a number of its day-to-day activities to other organisations, or it may provide outsourced services to other firms.
There is usually limited in-house IT and cybersecurity knowledge. Staff may be trying to manage it in-house on a best-efforts basis, or they be assuming their 3rd party IT service providers (MSPs) are managing it for them.
Many are regulated entities, so regulatory compliance can be also a significant concern.
I usually work with:
- The person accountable for cybersecurity, even though cybersecurity is not their area of expertise (e.g. COO or CEO).
- The Risk or Compliance team, to provide an independent assessment of the organisation’s defences and regulatory compliance.
- The Board, to provide guidance on how it can effectively oversee cybersecurity risk management within the organisation.
How I Help
I provide a number of services to meet the specific needs of each of my clients.
For example, when working with the person who is accountable for cybersecurity in an organisation, we usually start with my “Secure Foundation Diagnostic” service.
This service focuses on ensuring you have the key (and usually simple) defences required to significantly reduce the risk of being the next victim of a cyber attack.
There are two service options:
- The Full Diagnostic usually takes about 4-5 weeks, and requires about 60 minutes of your time each week. You receive a detailed assessment report, and separate prioritised action plan.
- The Light Diagnostic may be a better fit if you just want to get started. It can be completed within a week and involves about 90 minutes of your time. It is not as detailed or thorough as the Full Diagnostic, but it will enable you to identify the obvious gaps in your defences.
Depending on your specific circumstances, we may need to go further and build upon this Secure Foundation. This is particularly true if you are a regulated entity, as you also need to be mindful of regulatory guidance.
But without a Secure Foundation, you’re on shaky ground.
To Get Started
- Get your Secure Foundation Score.
- On the Results page, you can book a 30-minute meeting at a time that suits you.
- Our meeting will focus on your score and ways that you can improve your defences.
- This is a free, no-obligation call. But if you want my help, we can discuss the options on the call.
My Guarantee: After the call, you will be clear on at least 3 things you can do right now – FOR FREE – to significantly improve your defences.